Laidlaw is a RIBA approved provider of CPD seminars and is able to offer specifiers seminars and workshops on a wide range of hardware related subjects including door sets, handrailing and balustrading, and DDA, Doc M and BS8300 compliance. Below you can find a summary of each of the seminars we provide.
If you would like to enquire about booking one of our CPD seminars, please click here.
1. “Access For All” - Inclusive Design and the Equality Act 2010.
Deals with Part III of the DDA - "Access to Goods, Services & Facilities"
Since 2004 Service Providers have been required to "Make reasonable adjustments to the physical features of their premises to overcome physical barriers to access"
• Raise Awareness of the Equality Act 2010
• Emphasise the importance of Inclusive Design concepts
• Identify main area’s in buildings that are affected.
• Implications on Specifiers and End Users.
2. Handrails & Balustrades … Adding Flair to your Stairs
Demonstrates that safety requirements need not restrict creativity
• Solutions tailored to suit both aesthetic and practical requirements
• Flexibility and versatility of modular components
• Standards and legislation requirements
3. Specification of Internal Timber Doorsets with particular reference to Parts M and E of the Building Regulations
This seminar deals with options that are available to meet with the apparently conflicting nature of these two building regulations. In particular the seminar answers such questions as
• What types of doors are available?
• What buildings do Parts E and M relate to?
• What are the key requirements of the building regulations?
It is intended that at the end of the seminar an architect will have a better understanding of the legislation, see how inclusive design can aid doorset selection and have an idea as to what solutions are available.
4. Helping to Specify Architectural Ironmongery
This seminar deals with the fundamentals of ensuring that the correct architectural ironmongery is fitted to maximise the performance of a doorset and minimise ongoing maintenance. In particular the seminar answers the following questions;
• Why is ironmongery so important to the operation of a building?
• What different components are required to help doors function in the correct manner?
• Why do legislation and standards play an important part in specification?
• What are the correct specification procedures?
Click here to enquire about booking a CPD seminar.